We are religious women consecrated to God through the public vows of chastity, poverty and obedience. Our Congregation is called as the Congregation of Sisters of Charity of Saint Charles Borromeo, founded by Elisabeth Gruyters (1789-1864) at Maastricht, in the Netherlands on April 29th, 1837.
The Church gave the Congregation Saint Charles Borromeo as its Patron and recognized it as an Apostolic Congregation with Pontifical Right, dedicated to works of apostolate. Our first Constitutions were canonically approved on December 14, 1856.
We are present in four different continents: Africa, Asia, America, and Europe and serve in the fields of education, health care, social and pastoral care, as well as formation of lay people in the apostolate.